Old January 13th 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Gordon

Default Update - Garmin GPSmap 496 False Terrain Alert

That's a very good suggestion. I will make the request on Monday. Since I
can carry the 496 to the elevation data points leading to and around the
approach path, these should be easy to confirm. And as you point out, the
terrain around KADS is very flat. It is likely that an erroneous data point
may be self evident. Thanks! -Ron Gordon

Ron, have you asked Garmin if they're willing to give you a copy of the
raw datapoints of the terrain elevation around ADS? I'm thinking the
erroneous datapoint(s) will be terrain data since an obstacle should be
easily displayed as such on the 496 map. Since you know the area, you
might be able to spot the errant datapoint and help them out.

Marco