Old October 22nd 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Dennis Johnson

Default Practice Approach Handoff

Thanks to Steven, Bob, and Mike for helpful explanations to my question
about my handoff to Tower (or lack of handoff) on a practice instrument
approach in VFR conditions.

Steven said, "Missed approach is not authorized for VFR practice
approaches." So I guess I said the wrong thing when I told Oakland Center
that I would terminate with a missed approach. What I meant was that I
wasn't going to land, I was going to fly over the runway and then depart the
area.

If a missed approach is not allowed, what language should I use to indicate
that I won't land and will depart the area?

Thanks,
Dennis