Old February 3rd 04, 04:43 PM
Go Fig

In article

, Werner J. Severin wrote:

In article , wrote:

In rec.food.cooking Steven P. McNicoll

wrote:

It's the other way round. Free market competition keeps cost down and
service up.

Not always. One of the biggest problems with the private health care
system in the states is that the overhead for preparing insurance forms
and paperwork is staggering. I just spoke with a tech at a blood lab
in my neighborhood and she said they spend hours every day just doing
paperwork after the doors close at night. My sister who's a psychologist
in private practice also echoed the same concern to me on several
occassions,
the she spends hours doing insurance paperwork, which could better be
spent treating patients.

Medicare administrative costs: 2%

Average administrative costs of H.M.O.'s 15%

New York Times, January 28, 2004, page A 25 (National Edition)

Are you saying a doctors billing costs are included in the HMOs
overhead ?

Did the article compare fraud costs ?

jay
Tue Feb 03, 2004