Old July 2nd 03, 02:24 PM
Barnyard BOb --

Wooduuuward praised:

There is an engine in the U.S. patent offices (so nobody can use it)
developed by 'Smokey' who wrote a self help column in Popular
Science magazine for years, that doesn't use a radiator. It takes the
heat from the engine and uses it to preheat the fuel to pre detonation
temperature and thus allows 55% of fuel energy to be used rather
than the 12% now used in conventional engines.
You should look into this. I became aware of it a few months ago.
It can be found in the 1980 or 1984 issues.

The fellow of which you speak is Henry "Smokey" Yunick.
He was my hero back in the 50's, when I was the average
impressionable teeny bopper subject to spouting stuff like you.

FWIW....
Imply what you will, but there is NOTHING to look into
application-wise, where surface radiators are concerned or
anything else that a backyard builder can readily put to use.
http://www.bankspower.com/tech_coolair.cfm

Barnyard BOb -- 50 years of flight