Old August 7th 18, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Call to HP14 owners

On Monday, 6 August 2018 11:31:49 UTC-7, AS wrote:
On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 12:45:15 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, 6 August 2018 06:13:44 UTC-7, wrote:
I am looking at the same job as Ulrich in having to strip wings and fuselage. Instead of stripping I am looking at using my soda blaster as it will strip the paint while hopefully not remove the underlying contouring which appears to be still good.

I have used the soda blaster before for the gentle non destructive stripping of many aluminum parts but not on parts with bondo/microballon bases, anyone here have any experience in this?
Dan

I looked into soda blasting ,too , for the same reason not to remove any bondo. But have no experience with either methode . My friends in my German gliding club say there stripper don't remove bondo and just a week ago I met here in Whitehorse somebody who repainted DC 3 s and he confirmed that . He said if it would weaken the bondo you simply put a layer of epoxy paint over that aerea in question before repainting . Also I don't think on my wings is a lot of bondo other than over the rivets . About soda blasting I heared it is a very slow process and you use a lot of soda ?

Hallo Ulrich

could that be an alternative to soda-blasting?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLDQP1XA2_4&t=4s
Not sure where one would get one of these flash lamps but it sure looks like a cool process for metal gliders.

Uli
'AS'

It probably is but looks like complicated to set up to me.