Old March 9th 05, 06:23 AM
Colin W Kingsbury

"BTIZ" wrote in message
news:bewXd.70605$Tt.28162@fed1read05...
sounds to me like he really does not want to sell...
or is afraid of the outcome of the prebuy inspection..

things probably seem "out of hand" to the seller because he is not in
control..

What he said.

hopefully you can recoup the cost of the canceled airline tickets.. but
doubtful

Up until about a year ago I did 50-100k miles/year on the airlines and I
managed to game the system abotu as well as it can be done. The most
important thing is to try and make your ticket changes before the original
flight is scheduled, preferably 24 hours before. If you call customer
service an hour after the flight you originally purchased leaves, they will
tell you to hang the ticket on the wall as a souvenir because that's all
it's good for.

I have often had luck in applying the value of my ticket to another
itinerary even with "non-refundable" fares. Also, you can almost always
rebook the ticket for a later date with the same itinerary, even if it is a
dirt-cheap fare. You will pay a fee for all of these htings, but it's often
cheaper than a new ticket straight up.

Also, it's worth keeping in mind that all the low-cost carriers e.g.
Airtran, SWA, JetBlue, and Independence typically offer a Y ticket
(full-fare refundable) for a little more than the majors will charge you for
a no-changes-allowed ticket. This more than anything else is helping them
skim tons of business travelers off the majors.

-cwk.