Old May 20th 04, 08:27 PM
Dave Butler

John Clonts wrote:

Side question, I have tried filing via Duats a flight plan beginning
at a navaid, and it won't let me because it tries to convert it to an
airport (e.g. XYZ Vor yields "Airport KXYZ does not exist"). Do you
know of some way around this?

Maybe it's the web front-end or whatever you are using to access DUAT. I just
tried using the telnet connection (telnet direct.duats.com) and successfully
entered a flight plan starting from HNN, which is a navaid, but there is no
airport with that identifier. Don't try to make sense of the routing, time,
etc., I just made up stuff to fill in all the fields:

1 Type of flight plan: IFR
2 Aircraft tail number: N1701D
3 Acft type/special equip: M20P/A
4 True airspeed: 150
5 Departure point: HNN
6 Departure time: (UTC) Thu May 20 20:00
7 Altitude: 60
8 Route of flight: RDU
9 Destination: RDU
10 Estimated time enroute: 0300
11 Remarks:
12 Fuel on board: 0500
13 Alternate destination(s):
14 Pilot's name: DAVID G BUTLER
Address: snip
Phone no.: snip
Aircraft home base: RDU
15 Number aboard: 1
16 Color of aircraft: TAN/BROWN
17 Dest contact name:
Phone no.:

Of course, I quit before actually -filing- the bogus plan.

Remove SHIRT to reply directly.
Dave