Old April 6th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default No XM Weather For Lowrance 2000c...yet

Well, the word is back from Sun N Fun -- Lowrance still has no XM
weather for the 2000c, despite all the advance rumors.

According to one source (a member of the Cherokee Pilots Association),
the reps at the Lowrance booth said they will have it in "Maybe 2
months...maybe a year..."

An Oshkosh intro, perhaps? Hope springs eternal...

A friend of mine who just returned from SNF told me that AvMap had
introduced XM weather, and I just about wet myself (Mary and I LOVE our
AvMap!) -- but I can find no reference to this introduction anywhere.
I presume he's mistaken, but can anyone verify that?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA