Old June 24th 05, 02:15 PM
Ross

George Patterson wrote:
Chris G. wrote:

Do you or anyone else have much experience with the Golden Eagle
software from the DUAT/DUATS (can't keep 'em straight)?

I tried Golden Eagle over 10 years ago and didn't like it, but I would
hope that the current version is different from the one I was using.

A downloaded AirPlanLite a while back and like it fairly well. It can be
a pain to determine the data for entering a profile for your aircraft if
you can't use one of the standard ones though.

My favorite program is TAU, which used to be produced by Excel Software.
I have no idea if one could still get it. Since my copy is over 10 years
old, the graphics are inferior to anything modern.

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.

I have been using Cirrus for DUATS for a long time. Simple to use. I
have my aircraft profile loaded and get my weather, flight plans, and
file flight plans. I do not have the Golden Eagle upgrade, just the free
Cirrus. Just finished planning a trip. Getting ready to go to the
airport soon.

Ross