Old February 4th 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ArtP[_1_]

Default The one minute turn that can save your life

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 19:03:23 -0500, Ron Natalie
wrote:
Even the partial panel IFR training typically use the needle to make
timed turns to heading. Once you settle down you can verify with
the mag compass you're on the heading you want.

When I learned IFR the instructor kept the AH covered until the check
ride. I still prefer the TC to the AH but I notice that the new planes
with the glass panels have a back up AH but no TC.