Old September 8th 03, 05:42 AM
Mike Marron

(Peter Stickney) wrote:

We used to see them a lot when I was a kid, a bit before. New England
was teh birthplace of SAGE, and in the early '60s, Lincoln Labs and
Mitre were supervising SAGE tests against fast high-flyers. local ADC
Deuces, F-101s, F-106s, and the occasional F-104A from Westover would
practice intercepting single B-58s coming down the East Coast.
Needless to say, we got boomed a lot.

Viewing the SAC museum's B-58 (aptly named "Greased Lightning")
with my Dad, he recalled going after a Hustler back in the '60's in
the F-101. The Hustler was way up there (like FL490 or something)
going like, well, "greased lightning" and his mach 1.7 Voodoo couldn't
touch it.

-Mike Marron