Old October 14th 03, 02:25 AM
Daryl Hunt

"redc1c4" wrote in message
Daryl Hunt wrote:

"dvick" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:24:58 -0600, "Daryl Hunt"
wrote:

"Replacement_Tommel"
'SINV ALIDBABY wrote in

message
In article , Daryl

Hunt
says...

"Replacement_Tommel"
'SINV ALIDBABY wrote

in
message
In article , Daryl

Hunt
says...

(sbip)

What mission? It's main role for Tank busting was done by

Bombers.

Nonsense. 80% of the MBTs taken out in Desert Storm were done

by
A-10s - even the USAF has damitted that (USAF General Horner

remarked
that
he took back everything bad he said about the A-10

because it
"saved his
ass.")

I don't know where you got your info (you made it up, of

course)

Tell the USAF that:

http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/a...4/fedor2a.html

mercy snip

You will not that it said "Ground Vehicles".

Huh?

"Although they represented less than 10 percent of the coalition's

air
assets,
A-10s were responsible for about 70 percent of the (Look

Daryl ------)
ARMORED
(----look Daryl) vehicles destroyed by coalition air forces.32

During
the
latter part of the ground war, Lt Gen Charles A. Horner, the joint

force
air
component commander (JFACC), stated bluntly, "I take back all of

the
bad
things
that I said about the A-10. I love them! They saved our ass."33 "

If the A-10 had done the bulk
of the Armor killing as you have claimed, it would have made that

claim.

"Although they represented less than 10 percent of the coalition's

air
assets,
A-10s were responsible for about 70 percent of the (Look

Daryl ------)
ARMORED
(----look Daryl) vehicles destroyed by coalition air forces."

Ground Vehicles consist of trucks more than anything else.

The article says "ARMORED" vehicles.

Armored vehicles consist of MBTs, SPA, and APCs.

Your reading skills are pitiful.

Nope. But most of the armor was destroyed even before the A-10

arrived.
The Bombers and Fighters took them out. Now, is he had said that 80%

of
the
Armor was destroyed that was left, I would put more credence in his
statements. Don't you recognise PR and Politicing when you see it?

This
was NOT an official Air Force Statement.

So to summarize, he provided a link to a document on an official Air
Force site which in turn cited the Air Command and Staff College
Seminar/Lesson Book for the specific information you disagree with.
You, on the other hand, have nothing but the famous "because Daryl
said so" argument to back up your claim. At least you're consistent.

I know PR when I see it. You people have no idea how much of this goes

on.
Too bad. Things do blindside you when they come. When the PR is no

longer
necessary, the changes they wanted to do all along happens.

But don't let that bit of fact get in your way.

we're still waiting for your first bit of fact to come our way.

Already presented it. Just because it's not what you want to hear doesn't
make it any less.

We have beaten this to death.

Thank you for playing. We have some nice parting gifts.