Old October 16th 03, 07:11 AM
Daryl Hunt

"redc1c4" wrote in message
Daryl Hunt wrote:

(massive snipage, fore and aft)

You missed the P-38 that outlived both the P(F)-51 and the P-47 in the
enventories. I remember seeing a flight outside Denver flying over out

of
Buckley in the late 50s.

so i asked the folks who would know:

To: AFHSO Research
Subject: P 38 Lightning question

when was it pulled from active duty?

their reply:

The P-38 was taken out of front line service in 1949. Many were sold to
private individuals. 50 were sold to Italy and 12 were ceded to
Honduras.

Air Force History Support Office
Reference and Analysis Branch
AFHSO/HOR

and when i asked, (so you couldn't claim they belonged to the "Guards"):

thanks for your quick response... i have one quick follow-up:

were any retained by Reserve units, or does the phrase "taken out of
front
line service" mean that the AF stopped all use at that time?:

they said:

I can find no mention of P-38's being flown by Air Force guard or
reserve
units.

Air Force History Support Office
Reference and Analysis Branch
AFHSO/HOR

so, we're not sure what you were taking/drinking/smoking back
in the day, anymore than we are now. the only possible conclusions
are that it is some gooooooooooood **** or you're hypoxic.

either that, or you're a congenital liar.

I can see you are still lying your ass off. Just where did that flight come
from? I doubt if I would remember being able to ID anything except, "Plane"
in 1949 if even that. Guess Rod Stirling must have been around for that
phenonema. And since you didn't post the real McCoy URL or Letter so that
it can be followed up on, you are just making things up once again.
I can find no mention of P-38's being flown by Air Force guard or
reserve
units

means that they don't have that information available either way. So, you
piece of mudslinging, sucking garbage, crawl back under your rock.