Old October 16th 03, 09:44 AM
Daryl Hunt

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message

"Daryl Hunt" wrote in message

I can see you are still lying your ass off. Just where did that flight

come
from? I doubt if I would remember being able to ID anything except,

"Plane"
in 1949 if even that. Guess Rod Stirling must have been around for that
phenonema. And since you didn't post the real McCoy URL or Letter so

that
it can be followed up on, you are just making things up once again.

From
http://www.afa.org/magazine/gallery/p-38.asp

"The last P-38 was delivered in September 1945, and the type
was phased out of service in 1949."

Yes. The operative word was Active Duty. Buckley Air Field was Guard up to
2001. Buckley has just recently become and Active Duty AFB in 2001.

Your information does coincide with the aholes info.

The P-38 was taken out of front line service in 1949. Many were sold to
private individuals. 50 were sold to Italy and 12 were ceded to
Honduras.

Front line usually means Active Regulars. But to make a point, look up the
reasons that the P-47, P-51 and the P-38 was shoved into holes during Korea.
In order to get the P-80s, they had to get rid of the Prop Jobs. That would
place all of them well past 1949. Of course,

The 51st Fighter Wing of Osan AB, Korea had a few P-38s as in 1950. They
were trying to get rid of them as quickly as possible. Lose one and you get
a brand new F-80. Didn't take them long. They also had a few P-51s as
well.

The 82nd Fighter Wing used the P-38s for Escort Duties as well during Korea
before they were replaced.

There isn't a lot of info on the P-38, the P-47 or the P-51 but just enough
to verify that they were still in service in 1950 at the beginning of the
Korean War. But talking with some Korean Air Vets, they stated that the
buried many of them to get the new jets.