Old January 18th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bob Noel

Default Personal Minimums SEL?

In article .com,
"paul kgyy" wrote:

I'm curious what Instrument Rated members of this group use for
personal minimums for takeoff and landing for single engine aircraft.

I use landing minimums for takeoff, especially with tops easily
in reach.

The question is prompted by a recent flight where the takeoff
conditions were 200 ft + 1 mile. That's lower than I've ever done
before, and it occurred to me that if I had any significant engine
problems, it was all over unless I was extremly lucky.

Given the probability of an engine failure, I don't sweat the
engine-out hazard that much.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the