Old December 25th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mark Manes

Default XM Weather throughout Canada

On trip up the coast in July this year, we lost the XM NEXRAD & Cloud cover
about 2/3 of the way from Bellingham to Ketchican. I don't think that there
are many airports with ground weather reporting in Canada. OTOH the XM
radio was recievable all the way into Anchorage at 12,000'. You can see
where the clouds & nexrad coverage ends if you zoom out.

Mark Manes
N28409

"Dan" wrote in message
oups.com...
How far north can XM be reliably received from the air? Canada? Alaska?
(How for south also, for that matter...)

--Dan

Dico wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone have any information when/if we're going to be able to get
our 496 units to recieve Canadian weather information?

Happy Holidays,

Dico