Old April 19th 21, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer[_2_]

Default Decision making in ground roll

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 09:27:45 -0700 (PDT), ProfJ
wrote:

Oh yeah, and those videos which have cockpit view - note the hand on the release. Tango Whiskey, you better let Bruno know he's doing it all wrong...

Keeping the hand on the release is doing it all wrong, sorry to say
that. Seen a couple of incidents caused by inadvertent release.

Before you ask - I see about 3.000 winch launches per year on my home
airfield alone. This is probably more than all the winch launches in
the US combined, hence I reckon us Germans have a little bit of
experience with that launch method...

Cheers from Germany
Andreas