Old November 18th 03, 08:44 PM
Robert A. Barker

"Charles Talleyrand" wrote in message
I have a C-150 and a Garmin GPS Pilot III. Right now it's mounted on
above the interment panel near (but not too close) to the compass.

I would like to mount it on the yoke. Does anyone have any experience
with yoke mounts on a 1966 Cessna 150? Will normal yoke mounts
work well? Must I really pay $89.95 for the yoke mount or is there
a cheaper/better way? Finally, are yoke mounts as cool as they
look, or should I leave it in it's currently functional location.

-Thanks

I have a 1966 C150 F and a Lowrance 100. This GPS
came with the plane. It uses a yoke mount that appears to be specifically
made for the Lowrance.I already had a
Garmin GPS III (not the aviation one). I have not tried to
mount the Garmin in the 150 so I can't tell you much about that.The yoke
mount for the Lowrance must have been relatively expensive by the look of
it.

Best of luck

Bob Barker N8749S