Old November 7th 03, 01:12 AM
Mark Kolber

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 23:32:12 GMT, "Bob Gardner"
wrote:

I must be missing something...the plane is either owned by or leased back by
the FBO, right? Is there something in the regulations that requires the FBO
to accede to your request against what it perceives to be its own interests?
Can't find that in my copy of the regs. I always thought that the person
renting something to the public had some leverage.

Bob,

If I'm reading the port correctly, it's the opposite. The FBI =is=
willing to rent Jeff the airplane. It's Jeff that's worried about
renting it outside the 100 hour parameters.

Jeff, unless the 100 hour inspection coincides with some other
required work, take the airplane. As a number of others mentioned,
91.409 says

==============================
(b) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, no person may
operate an aircraft carrying any person (other than a crewmember) for
hire, and no person may give flight instruction for hire in an
aircraft which that person provides,

Consistent with the FAA's increase in safety rules when people are
paying their way, the 100 hour inspection requirement applies when
either (1) the aircraft is being used for flight instruction or (2)
the aircraft is carrying passengers who are paying for the flight.

Mark Kolber
APA/Denver, Colorado
www.midlifeflight.com
email? Remove ".no.spam"