Old February 28th 05, 03:26 AM
Homesick Angel

Dear Cory,

Any idea How do I get my 182 to cruise along at 5.5 GPH? (without
burning something up cause it's leaned out too much? or falling out of
the sky) It's a 1957 and real light for it's size and got a STOL kit.
Getting hard to afford gas for it, but don't want to give in to my
husband and get one of those old-fashioned taildraggers. He's
rebuilding a Champ right now his 75 HP versus my 230 HP. When I have a
Cub I want to fly fast and I fly the 182 like a Cub, poke along nice
and slow. Guess growing up in the muscle car era brainwashes you. I
figure in a few years I might have to change to sport pilot, but for
now I'll keep the Beast from the East and pray for gas prices to go
down so I can afford a trip to maybe Alaska or the Seaplane fly-in in
Greenville and make it in a day or two instead of a week of two in a
tail dragger (I have still trouble flying a straight course, wind, neat
stuff to side track to, sightseeing and not pin point navigating).
Still prefer the compass and map to my GPS. Just way behind the times
I guess. Well take care. Good luck in your educational endeavors.
Never could get into the book learning thing unless it was something I
was interested in and back in the 1970s girls weren't engineers,
pilots, mechanics, architects, etc which all interested me a lot. So I
had to settle for second and third choices for a while until I just
started to do what I wanted to do, working in a lumber mill running
saws and planers, detailing and auto body work, manning remote
firetowers in the woods of Maine, going out west to fight fires. Now
stuff like that is fun. Right now its mostly farming and keeping our
grass strip mowed (some times the goats are allowed out to graze and as
the price of gas goes up the amount of time the goats will have
possession of the runway will be directly proportion to any price
increases). Until I get one of those electric robotic mowers and
program it to do the job with less pollution and noise. Guess I need
the plans for one of those if somebody's got them?

Hope everybody's enjoying flying. I thought I was a math-head but some
of you people are way out there. Just don't let that stuff distract
you so much that you fly into something or fall out of the sky. Watch
out for all the cell phone towers and other towers out there. Be safe
and God bless. The Homesick Angel, Carol