Old September 11th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Rapoport

Default Rotation

Depends on where you have the trim set which is always a compromise. If the
trim is set so that there is no nose down trimming required after takeoff,
then it will take quite a bit of pull to get the aircraft to rotate and in
the initial climb. If the aircraft is trimmed so that only a moderate
amount of force is required to rotate then it will require pushing on the
yoke and retrimming after takeoff as the airplane accelerates.

The trim setting is correct for one speed and configuration (power and flap)
and since the airplane is accelerating, the trim is going to need to be
changed.

Mike
MU-2

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Do real aircraft abruptly pitch upward on take-off during rotation, or
is this an artifact of my simulator? I find that I must put the stick
forward slightly as soon as the nose rises, or I risk a tail strike.
This is especially true on small aircraft, such as the Baron 58.
Large jets seem to do the same thing, but at a slower speed. I am
curious as to whether real aircraft are the same way, and if so, what
the proper way is to rotate to minimize wild movements.