Old January 10th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Peter Dohm

Default Gone West...

I own at least one copy of each of Bill's books. Bill brought a very
useful
and valuable point of view and methodology to instructing. Many

students
"need" numbers, their minds require the numerics and physics behind the
maneuver before they understand and accept the maneuver. Bill provided
this. I for one am and forever will be indebted to him for this alone.
Jim

I agree.
Bill's books made it possible for instructors to couple technical
information with creative teaching to present that information on levels

all
students could understand.
His input to aviation will long be remembered by those of us who benefited
from his contribution.
Dudley Henriques

This is sad news. In a way, he was already mised as his writing in AOPA
Pilot had become far less prolific, but I had no idea of the reason. I will
always remember some of the hilarious stories he told in his magazine
articles, and his books will continue to be invaluable learnend and training
tools.

Peter