Old November 24th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Gideon

Default Dumb GPS Question

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 09:36:41 +0100, Thomas Borchert wrote:

Sure. Following the turn-by-turn instructions will be rather inefficient
flying, however. Might be a great way to build time, though

There's a route through the EWR class B called the "GSP Transition".
It's not an exclusion zone; one gets clearance through from the EWR
tower. But it's a well-known path for both pilots and controllers,
following the parkway below. I've been told that this was originally for
traffic observation, but I don't know that that's true.

I was flying this with a CFI once when he pointed out that one doesn't
have to follow the road as precisely as I was. But that's the fun!

- Andrew