Old December 7th 04, 05:56 PM
Michael

Dan Luke wrote:
Seriously - I think we've now narrowed our range of disagreement to
what our passengers get out of joyrides (meaning flights going

nowhere
in particular made for no particular reason). I think they get as

much
out of it as we do, you seem not to agree.

I don't. No way the average person gets as much out of a flight I'm

piloting
as I do. If he did, he'd become a flying nut like me.

Not necessarily. I know at least one who loves to fly, but realizes he
doesn't have what it takes to be a pilot (IMO correctly). I know
others who feel they simply can't afford it (sometimes correctly). I
use a rule of thumb - if the person is asking me, and offering to pay
for gas (which I never accept, but the offer is usually made) then he
must get as much out of it as I do.

But that may be something on which we will have to agree to disagree -
figuring out what motivates people and how much isn't a science, it's
opinion.

Michael