Old April 24th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
K Baum

Default Sun N Fun '07 Redux

24 to 32 THOUSAND???

Are you sure?

Wow.

Well, Jim, the average Cirrus pilot is paying $10 - $15K annually for
insurance, from what I've been told.

Makes my $1200/year seem positively reasonable.
--
Jay Honeck

Jay, this reminds me of a time in GA when insurance for certain
operations/types simply wasnt available at ANY price. I think what the
VLJ manufacturers are doing is a great proactive way to sell even more
jets. For anyone in RAP land who might be looking to try this mentor
pilot program, the requirements were pretty low. I dont recall what
the Diamond people wanted, but the Eclipse people only wanted to see
1000 multi and 500 turbine. Seems like an easy way to make some extra
spendoolies as a side job. I have mentored a few polits over the years
and it was fun (Got to fly to some interesting places too).