Old July 29th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blanche

Default DC ADIZ Changes Effective 30 Aug 2007

In article , Owen Rogers wrote:
Blanche wrote:
And the next Balt-DC charts are due out Aug 2.

Makes perfect sense, in FAA context. Did something similar on the
Denver charts. 1995 ft tower (obstruction) went into operation
shortly before the DEN charts were published. Now, the FAA and NACO
*KNEW* the tower was there for over a year and refused to mark it on

the charts
until the next 8 month publication cycle. So non-locals didn't know for
over a year that there was a major obstruction on the way in from
the east.

The new Washington Sectional and terminal area chart will have the new airspace
depicted. They will not be out until August 30, 2007 which means that
the current
charts (81st sectional edition and 74th TAC edition) will be current until that
date.

See http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsite...diz-notice.pdf

Interesting. The official DOT/FAA/NACO website titled Dates of Latest Editions
(publish date of July 1, 2007) has the Balt-DC dates of Aug 30, 2007.
My bad...I saw the Aug 2 date on the previous edition dated April 1, 2007.
So, obviously someone in June knew about the changes in the charts
and pushed the dates down to Aug 30.

In fact, there's now a footnote that states the Aug 30 publication date
is "tentative schedule date", which wasn't on the April 1 list.