Old June 8th 17, 01:58 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Agnew View Post
Link for the Advisory Circular mentioned. Start at page 72.

https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/...2043.13-2B.pdf
Paul,

The drawing shown here appears to me to equate to the position of the handle in your tow plane. The ones I flew as I have stated require the pilot to make a dive for the floor, reaching and feeling for the handle. In the scant second one might have to successfully release a Schweizer hook, this is insane.

Even with this kind of set up it is still possible for a tow pilot to experience an upset from which recovery will not be possible....it's all about altitude. Reaction time is part of the equation and my position is that a handle not immediately accessable to the tow pilot is a recipe for disaster. Again, It is absurd to not give the tow pilot every fighting chance possible to have a positive outcome of a negative situation.

Walt