Old September 8th 04, 12:14 AM
B2431

From: Bob
Date: 9/7/2004 5:03 PM Central Daylight Time
On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 08:40:24 -0600, Jack wrote:

On 06 Sep 2004 18:53:52 GMT,

From: Jack

When mandatory drug testing was implemented as part of all flight
physicals, Bush refused to take his required physical and grounded
himself.

Drug testing is a comman function, not medical. They would not have tested

for
drugs suring a flight physical.

Bush was no longer filling a flying slot so no flight physical was

required.

Then again, you probably already knew that since you have done such
comprehensive research.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Random drug testing of the entire force and mandatory drug testing in
conjunction with flight physicals, at both CONUS and overseas bases,
was implemented in April, 1972. Not as command prerogative, but by
Air Force directive following DoD guidance. George W. Bush was
filling a flying slot until failing to appear for his annual flight
physical in August, 1972. And yes, I have done the research, thank
you...I was also there at the time.

I was there in 1972 on the enlisted side and don't remember "Random
drug testing of the entire force" until sometime around 1980. Didn't
really seem to get going until after 1975 and then it was airman under
four at first and then age I believe was another point. Around 1980
it was everyone. I

During the 1970s it was E-5 and below and 25 years old or younger for the
random tests.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired