Old October 27th 18, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cookie

Default Flightline 760 VHF radio

Yes these are good radios
Yes they are reliable
They are an excellent value ... great radio for the price (all you need in a glider)

We've installed several of these into club gliders...no issues after several years of operation!

IMHO a better "deal" is to look for a good, slightly used Becker radio from Europe. Due to frequency spacing regulations...older radios have become obsolete in Europe, but still fine in USA...

European pilots are unloading them...

We've put about 4 or 5 into our club gliders and probably another 5 into private ships on our field..

Becker 3201 or 4201 can be had for $250 to $450...these were $1700 when new...

Cookie

On Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 10:33:43 AM UTC-4, Nick Kennedy wrote:
These radios new are about $740
Are they good units?
Are they reliable? Are they worth a S#*t?
I'm looking for a new radio
Thanks in advance