Old June 1st 18, 04:42 AM
Brad Alston Brad Alston is offline
Member

Location: Salt Lake City, UT USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich hehmann View Post
I remember the glider operation doing rides and instruction in Boulder City, NV using mostly Blaniks. Have great memories of flying there in the 80's and 90's. A nice couple---transplants from Chicago, ran it. What was the name of the operation and the couple?? When did it close??
I flew out of the old Boulder City airport in the late 70's to early 80's. At that time we were flying 2-33's, 1-26's, and a Blanik. The operation was Desert Soaring run by Dick McKnight. Dick was a WWII glider veteran and a wonderful guy who always had an unlit cigar in his mouth. Lots of great memories flying there!