Old April 2nd 04, 06:14 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

He was talking about magenta circles, which indicates to me that he is
talking about class E airspace that goes to the surface.

Class E surface areas are depicted by segmented magenta circles. He
referred to Class G airspace below 700', so he was clearly talking about
magenta vignette.

Either that, or he is talking about class C airspace. Beyond that, I have

tough time figuring out what he is talking about. The magenta shaded lines
that indicate class E to 700 feet are rarely circles, although I can think

of
a few airports in eastern Washington that are like that.

It depends where you are, but circular magenta vignette is common.