Old April 23rd 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default IAP without inbound course?

wrote:
Well, how about the final being a dme arc, which we all know is an IAP
that exitst. In which case, the "inbound course" to the MAP is
constantly changing. Don't have my pubs with me, but I don't see how
it could have a "published" course in this instance
Stan

There is only one of those beasts in existence. If that what the "drill
instructor" was looking for, then it was an exercise in silliness.

And, to be highly technical, the ARC IAP "final" does not meet any of
the characteristics of a true final approach segment, for it has full en
route ARC width, and intermediate segment obstacle clearance.