Old February 15th 18, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Proper Way to Insert Multi-Probe

I used to do that when assembling my fishing rod when I lived in Alaska!

On 2/15/2018 8:47 AM, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 7:24:24 AM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
When I got my Stemme, I asked my instructor if there was a proper
technique to insert the multi-probe in the nose.Â* He said to just push
it in until I hear/feel a metallic click.Â* That's worked just fine for
the past two years but I wonder if I should lubricate the thing, say
with Vaseline or something.Â* I shudder to think of replacing internal
o-rings.
--
Dan, 5J

Pinch your nose to get some skin oils on your fingers, and wipe the probe. Just enough lubrication, and readily available! Works like a charm.

--
Dan, 5J