Old August 11th 03, 02:57 AM
Kevin

Default Los Angeles area airports

I am thinking about buying my first airplane and am seeking some
advise about where to base it. Burbank is the closest airport to me
and where I did my primary training, but I don't know if there are any
affordable options there. Whiteman and El Monte are about equal
distance from my home. Of course I would prefer a private hanger, but
that seems unlikely. Does anyone have any recommendations, know what
tie-downs are going for in the area and what airports have space
available?

One more thing, does anyone know what the story is with Shepherd field
(about 8 miles south of El Monte?)