Old July 30th 03, 02:50 PM
john

On 30 Jul 2003 05:28:06 -0700, (John) wrote:

snip
was it possible to add fuel and simply fly
the aircraft away or did you have to have the aircraft towed and/or
disassembled? (I am of course referring to situations where there was
minimal or no damage to the aircraft after the landing)

snip

to some extent this is determined by state/local law. I have seen
planes land on GA 400 (north of ATL) due to fuel exhaustion & later
take off while hwy patrol stopped traffic for the t/o. I have read
more than once where out west an aircraft landed, got refueled &
refreshed & took off.
other states forbid the taking off from public hwy. IOW you call an
aircraft recovery service. YMMV
john