Old September 17th 05, 05:44 PM
John T

Gordon, There was similar response from Norm Goyer in Private Pilot
magazine, he defended the high cost of sport planes.

What he doesn't seem to realize, is that the local FBO won't buy the
sport planes either if they are so expensive. Then where are people
going to get sport pilot training? not everyone is coming over from the
private pilot level.

the 60-80 grand I saw the average sport plane going for at Oshkosh would
buy a really decent 172, with more capabilities.

So the way I see it, its a catch-22. the FBO won't invest in a sport
plane if there is no intrest, and the public won't learn LSA if there
are no sport planes.

Yeah, there are some certified planes out there that meet LSA, but
realisticaly, trikes are rare (and getting expensive), and taildraggers
aren't very insurable for student solo.

John