Old February 16th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default GAS or MIG welding on 4130 tube?

Just wondering what the general consensus is on the best method of
welding 4130 tube structures. Advantages / disadvantages of each
considering I will be building in an attached garage, in a residential
subdivision, and will be limited to a 110AC/ 20 amp service?

Is an off-the-shelf MIG unit like a small Lincoln or Hobart worth the
money? Anyone have any experience with these machines?

I don't have to weld anything right now, but I'm considering taking a
few classes.

Thanks,
Harry