Old September 13th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tuite

Default flying more than one make and model?

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:18:59 GMT, Jose
wrote:

When I had just gotten my license, I was a member of a club that had a
Warrior, a 172, a 152, and a Tomahawk. I don't remember any particular
problem switching between them, though they did fly differently (I could
make smoother greasers in the Warrior; the 172 tended to plop sometimes)

I think quirks in radios and panels are more important than where the
wing is. When I was a primary student, I remember that the yellow 150
flew *way* different than the blue 150. My instructor said that, for
me, they probably did feel different. Much later, I'd say that, for
getting from here to there, vfr, most fairly dirty fixed-gear
airplanes fly pretty much alike.

Most. The Yankee took a little more attention in the air; the
Luscombe took more attention on the ground.

Don