Old February 20th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
JP[_1_]

Default Hawai Airport Piston Engine indentification question ...

"Morgans" wrote in

"JP" wrote

No, that is not a Wright Cyclone. The engine in the picture is a double
cylinder row type, but it's difficult to notice at first. Look the lower
cylinder at seven o'clock and you'll see the front cylinder row push rod
arrangement in front of the cylinder. Look the cylinder left side of it,
at 8 o'clock and you'll see the push rod tubes behind the cylinder.
That's the rear cylinder row.

I don't see it. I vote for single row.
--
Jim in NC

The black push rod cover tubes are visible in the picture. A double-row.
http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200608-ha...27_074431.html

I happen to own a small spare part inventory for this engine type (also for
P&W R-1830 Twin Wasp). Trust me. It's the R-2800 Double Wasp.

JP