Old January 12th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Shameless request for King radio Tech Support

Rob wrote:
wrote:

Tell me about it. Getting the official information is the most difficult part
for DIY. Once you do, it's not too difficult. Very careful practices need to be used
for materials, bundling, stress relief, support, chafe prevention, soldering, head
shrinking, etc to do a good aviation-worthy reliable job.

Are you saying you'd have to be crazy to try this yourself?!

(kidding... I assume you meant "heat" shrinking)

-R

No.. i think a small amount of head shrinking and other black art forms
are a key part to making all this work.

Thanks for the replies so far.. in here and in private.

Dave