Old July 1st 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Art Greer

Default Single engine CV trap

The only twins that didn't do single engine landing to my knowledge were the
A-3 and RA-5s. I've seen an RA-5 land with the canopy blown and an A-3 take
a barricade when it's hook presure system failed causing hook skip, but no
single engine landings.
Art Greer

"Charlie Wolf" wrote in message
On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 20:47:11 -0700, "John Weiss"
jrweiss98155nospamatnospamcomcastdotnospamnet wrote:

"Larry Cauble" wrote...

Has any twin-engine aircraft been authorized (per manual or NATOPS) to
land with an engine inoperative? Has any twin-engine aircraft ever
landed aboard with an engine out?

Don't know of one off hand that has NOT!

A-6, E-2, F-4, F/A-18...

Also S-3A/B. Bingo was always preferred if available, however, the
S-3 had a fairly decent single engine profile. I don't recall ever
rigging the barricade for a single engine S-3.
Regards,