Old August 7th 19, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default fes ot jet (pros and cons)

OK. You need to re read my post. I said technology is changing, and by the time you need to replace your battery, something better MAY be out there. Just because it isn't being widely disseminated NOW does not mean that it isn't coming. Sure KOKAM cells (South Korea) are LiPo and SAFT (France HQ) use Lion cells, but this is not "State of the Art." They are about a generation behind the LiFePO4 technology, but widely available, tested and pretty reliable.

If you want to see what I consider to be "imaginary" power source technology, just pick up a copy of "Gliding International." John Roake will publish any press release about some new fuel cell, unicorn breath, unobtanium or imaginarium battery that is just about to change everything and make us ready to abolish the IGC.