Old January 12th 05, 02:58 AM
dave

Dave,
I did a lot of my private with Azher in a J3. When I got my Citabria,
7eca, Azher did my check out. I hadn't flown a taildragger in a few
years and my landing were consistantly too fast. He noticed that I was
spending too much time looking at my airspeed. He had me land without
looking at the airspeed. It's hard not to peek but once you cut the
throttle abeam the numbers, just fly the correct attitude. I'm not
sure if that would work with the SD but it really helped me. Although
I'm sure that you can fly a faster downwind, I found that it really
helped me to slow to 90MPH on downwind. Of course, in my airplane
slowing to 90 isn't too far off cruise speed

BTW, both times I was scheduled to fly with Azher in the SD it was down
for maintenance. The first time we ended up taking the Great Lakes.
The second time was for my BFR and we took the Stearman. One of these
days, I really like to fly an SD!! Maybe I shouldn't, it might make me
want to sell my 7ECA and upgade.

Dave
68 7ECA

wrote:
Great advice Dave. I guess I'll listen to you even if you have only a
few hundred hours in the SD. ;-)

Dave