Old December 14th 03, 05:47 PM
Robert Wittmann

Hello Brien,
"brien" wrote:

Thinking of making a wind generator out of my Scorpion . It has been sitting
in my barn for the last 10 years and only had 50 hours on it . I had thought
of selling it but the liability of whoever I might have sold it to prevented
me from doing that. Anybody have an idea of what kind of power I could
expect to get from the rotor blades in the wind?

Not a single watt. There is ab _huge_ difference between a
wind_turbine_ and a helicopter_rotor_.
Ok, they both have a set of blades, a hub and do turn around their
axes.
BUT: Blade stiffness and profiles used are completely different!

I suggest a short look into the avialable literature or ask some
professional manufacturers (GE, Vestas, - google will get you a bunch
of links).

HTH & kind regards,
Robert
--
Train hard, live virtuously and prosper!