Old July 23rd 03, 02:17 PM
Dr. Speedbyrd:>

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:31:30 +0100, H M wrote:

Not that any of this has anything to do with flight simulators. If you want
your PC to be secure, Linux or Windows, you need to pull the network cable
out of the wall.

i'm not saying my system is absolutely secure, but think as a mac user i
have less to worry about than PC guys, also because my system is
protected by a firewall. that firewall keeps logging incoming attempts
to connect to my system on port 137, which is AFAIK used for windows
file sharing. this tells me there are loads of bad guys out there who
keep trying to install their zombies or bots or whatever on other
people's systems. as i said, my firewall blocks those attemps, the
windows file sharing function is off, and those windows programs
wouldn't run anyway...

I've a PC with Windows XP and with my system, I've thrown everything at it that can be and
nothing has penetrated. I go do DSL Reports, run all there tests, including the one where they
deliberately try to break through and they all come up empty. Keeping everything updated and
configured correctly assures maximum protection.