Old June 21st 05, 05:18 PM
patrick mitchel

Richard Riley wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 07:47:31 -0700, "patrick mitchel"
wrote:

:The engine that powered an u/l made in the 80's(?). Was supposed to be 25
:hp@ 31lbs. What happend to the thing after the crash- was the engine

rights
:sold or did the whole project disappear? Thanks Pat

The whole project disappeared after Colin Chapman died. It was his
pet project, the company had no interest in aviation.

They always were smarter than Porsche, so it's not surprising.

As an aside, did colin have flying experience? And what were the
cicumstances of the crash. I seem to recall that the engine failed
(something about the cam/redrive)?
Also in googling I came to the point that HAPI picked it up after Inav had
it. Did hapi actually produce the engine or was it simply the rights to it
at that point. Pat