Old June 16th 15, 03:48 AM
kowel pazanjian kowel pazanjian is offline
Junior Member

Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Alex,

Although this is really late, I would encourage you to go after getting a medical. If all you've done is look on the FAA's website, you should definitely go to an AME and ask them because the websites are really misleading. The truth is, you can pretty much get a waiver for just about anything, granted you're able to perform your pilot duties properly. I'm only 15, so don't take this as a guarantor of anything. But, I myself have ADHD, what I thought was an outright DQ for all medical certificates, but I was able to get a waiver after talking to an AME. So, I wish the same luck for you, if you still haven't gotten the courage to talk to one since March of 2013.