Old September 3rd 17, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

Default Where can I train in a PW-6? Seminole Lake's is down formaintenance for a couple of months

On Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 4:55:47 AM UTC-7, wrote:
The PW5 flies nothing like the PW6... not even close.
Being checked out in the PW6 would not qualify you flying the PW5 .
Neither is too difficult but WAY DIFFERENT....

Interesting. I had read that the PW6 was designed to be the 2-place trainer for the PW5. Not so?

Not so...not even close in handling...Both are nice gliders, the PW6 handles closer to the ASK21 ( nothing like a G103 as it was also suggested prior) in terms of aileron/elevator response but has a heavy rather ineffective rudder- almost impossible to slip, other than that no bad habits ( terribly ineffective wheel brakes through ).
On the other hand the PW5 is a very snappy, quick to respond little glider.
Someone mentioned in this thread a comparison to the Standard Libelle, (I owned one of those too); yes it is closer maybe a little "twitchier" yet but overall a delight to fly.