Old September 7th 17, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

Default Where can I train in a PW-6? Seminole Lake's is down for maintenance for a couple of months

At 21:09 06 September 2017, Andreas Maurer wrote:
On Mon, 04 Sep 2017 18:50:03 +0000, Paul T
wrote:

World Class was a far better idea than the stupidity that is the 13.5m
class

.... and it failed completely, as predicted by many.
Obviously one of the worst ideas ever in gliding history.

- now turning into another class for the 'rich boys'.

.... but with many nice features (affordable self-launch, godd
performance). People in my club are talking about buying 13.5m class
gliders.

REALLY???? and what are the numbers in 13.5m class? - lower than any
World Class event? The idea to have a relatively affordable ship that could

be used as a first solo ship in clubs, then to compete with on a level
playing
field at an international level was a far better idea than another racing
class
for the rich boys. Trouble is this sport at national and intentional level
is
dominated by spoilt rich boys who turn up their noses at anything less than

40:1.