Old February 18th 04, 05:29 AM
Ron

I also had a long phone conversation with an old squadron mate. He
mentioned he used to FCF F111s - and had one out to 2.7 in a shallow
dive from 50 grand. And I believe him - know him well. Don't bother
telling me it's past the red line; that's just a mark on a gauge.
Walt BJ

I also had a long phone conversation with an old squadron mate. He
mentioned he used to FCF F111s - and had one out to 2.7 in a shallow
dive from 50 grand. And I believe him - know him well. Don't bother
telling me it's past the red line; that's just a mark on a gauge.
Walt BJ

I have heard rumors of ever faster on FCF, pushing 2.85....

Definitely had the power to do it, at least in the F model, and probably the D
and E too, if they were clean, no racks..

Ron
Tanker 65, C-54E (DC-4)